Heart of Africa Services Center of Washington head office is based in Kent, Washington with a branch which is to be opened in Central Equatoria State, South Sudan in the near future.
Heart of Africa Services Center of Washington (H.A.S.C-WA) is a non profit organization that founded with the sole aim of encouraging educational development and various vocational training programs among our communities in United States and south Sudan.
* To develop and foster community spirit on promoting cultural heritage among Central Equatoria people as well as to others who are interested.
* To hold pubic meetings to consider and discuss all questions affecting the interest of the Central Equatoria communities in the United States and South Sudan.
* To provide services represented by needs and interest such as education, charitable endeavors by the association to help in resettlement of new immigrants to the United States.
* To raise funds to support Central Equatorians families in case of death, sickness, and social functions in the state of Washington.
* The organization will achieve its objectives by applying for grants, soliciting contributions, representing the community’s interest to the appropriate level of government.
* The organization shall be carried on without the purpose of gain for its members and any profits or other accretions to the organization shall be used in promoting its objectives.
* The organization shall be subject to the applicable governing legislation. For the above objectives and as incident and ancillary thereto, the organization may exercise any of the powers normally associated with the non profit, charitable associations, except where such power is limited by these letters patent or the statute or common law relating to charities.